AmeriCorps Job Opportunity with Macomb Community Action
Do you want to get things done for your community?
The Rural Opportunity AmeriCorps Vista and Macomb Community Action are pleased to announce a full-time position for a 12-month membership beginning in January 2019! The member will serve with Macomb Community Action to implement and promote programming for the MCFRC community kitchen to the residents of Macomb County. This is an excellent resume builder and provides the opportunity to further the mission of Macomb Community Action. The member will promote valuable community programs, education, and resources, all while gaining considerable professional experience.
AmeriCorps membership offers a number of benefits and the prestige of having served with this nationally acclaimed program. Many AmeriCorps members have been recruited by the very organizations where they have served and countless others have gone on to hold public office and have taken on high-level leadership roles in both the public and private sector.
Community Kitchen Programming
- The member will plan, implement and evaluate the programs established within the Macomb Community Action’s MCFRC community kitchen.
- Develop and foster relationships with community partners for the planning of programming within the MCFRC community kitchen.
- Coordinate MCFRC community kitchen programming for a variety of audiences within Macomb Community Action.
Marketing and Outreach
- Marketing and Outreach for Macomb Community Action MCFRC community kitchen
- Participate in community meetings and events and promote services
- Conduct outreach to program participants and other community members who may benefit from programs offered through the community kitchen.
Member Service Requirements
- Members must be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident.
- Members must be 18 years old or 17 with parental permission.
- Members must have either a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Member must possess a valid driver’s license, and have and agree to maintain motor vehicle liability insurance that meets organization minimum requirements throughout their entire service commitment.
- Members must pass background checks.
- Members must serve 37.5 hours weekly during the 12-month service term.
- Members must participate in and travel to all necessary AmeriCorps related activities and trainings.
- Members must fulfill program-related requirements, which include but are not limited to: submitting direct service reports and quarterly service highlights and completing semi-monthly timesheets.
- Members will receive a $12,277 living allowance stipend from the Corporation for National and Community Service for their service activities. The living stipend will be paid by CEDAM in semi-monthly installments.
- Members are eligible for health insurance (member only-family members are not eligible) and childcare assistance.
- Upon successful completion of the 12-month service term, members will receive a $5,920 educational award that can be used toward student loan payments or toward higher education.
- Full-time members also qualify for student loan forbearance during their service and may be eligible to have the interest paid after service.
Please send resumes and questions to email@example.com “CK AmeriCorps” as the subject line. Applicants must also complete the online application found at: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=85070&fromSearch=true